Re: Front end and Steering

To: Gary Tash <tashg@bmi.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front end and Steering
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 15:10:08 +0300
At 09:30 30/04/00 -0700, Gary Tash wrote:

>Re the steering:  It's not so much tighter as it is like a depression or a
>flat spot.   The gaiters appear in good shape and well sealed.  However,
>the motion along the rack does feel, sound rough.   You're right,
>disassembly and inspection is a minimum at this point.  I was just
>wondering if there are parts available for a rebuild, if necessary - or is
>it better to look a new or rebuilt assy.

Have any of you ever wondered:  Why is it that it's impossible to
find parts to rebuild certain things, but you can still buy
them rebuilt?  It makes me wonder is some "rebuilt" things are
merely "recleaned" and "repainted"...

The thread about failing rebuilt starters seems to lead in this direction.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit