RE: Dash restoration

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Dash restoration
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 17:26:00 -0700
The veneer over plywood warps badly too.  I'm making my own dash out of
solid Walnut Burl.  I have it kiln dried, then I cut and shape it, soak it
in a vat of sealer for a long, long time, then finish it with several coats
of marine varnish.  I have never had one of these warp.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)