Re: How's this for anti-theft?

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: How's this for anti-theft?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:23:12 +0100
Hi Jeff
In some places e.g. UK it is illegal to have a switch to the ign circuit
that can interrupt the ignition whilst the car is in motion, don't know why
just is. The solution would be to interrupt the wire to the starter solenoid
thus preventing the starter from turning, unfortunately this does not
prevent bump starting, but then I believe the theory is that they (the
thieving B*&^%$£s)  move on to the next car which isn't protected! I know
you don't but if you had the anti run on valve you could probably do
something with that to prevent starting!

Graham.
2500 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite
2000 MKI