Re: Re: How's this for anti-theft?

To: "DT Gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Subject: Re: Re: How's this for anti-theft?
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Fri, Jun 23 2000 14:46:51 GMT-0600
I always try for a 'George Costanza' parking place-a place right in front of
wherever it is I'm going and so good that I'll never want to move the car again!

When I had my first spitty, in Italy, it was vandalized. Being a part of the
military community, my husband called them. They recognized the work immediatly
as being that of some teen-aged offspring of NCOs who were higher ranking than
my husband. The MPs said these kids would get bored and turn to mischief-and
wouldn't do anything about it! (But the Italian auto insurance paid for
everything and never charged me a dime for the deductible!)

The vandels of Nigel last June, were people who lived inside of our gated
complex. Though the cops dusted for prints (the night before a big British
meet! Augh!), nothing ever came of my case.

Each of my spittys have had 'mischief' done to them-and each and everytime it's
been _In MY Driveway or Parking Area_! Once in a small town in Italy, once in
Huntington Beach, CA and once here in Costa Mesa, CA-never in the big, bad city
where one would think it would happen! Go figure!

I left Nigel parked in downtown L.A.-near Union Station-one day for 10
hours-till about 11pm. When I came back, the guy who gave the tickets at the
parking lot had surrounded it with cones and a note that it was a beautiful car
to have on his lot!

Laura G.