Re: Rear spring question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear spring question
From: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 15:10:56 +0100

Doug, thanks for the reply - it made me smile!

Actually, this garage I went to was the same one I mentioned a while ago on a
thread about finding garages that will work on our cars - last year, when I was
adjusting my door latches, I simply could not loosen one of the screws in the
striker.  I took it to this garage, and after around 1/2 hour of attacking the
screw with all kinds of wierd contraptions, they finally got it to budge.  They
then refused to take any money from me - "We're not going to charge you for
loosening one screw."  "But it took half an hour!  At least let me give you some
cash for a beer or something."  I think they just like the car...

Anyway, thanks to Barry, Bill, Fred and Joe, as well as Doug.  The replies seem
to suggest that I have a rubber pad or bush worn or missing - possibly fallen
out while the bracket was loose.  At least I know that car's not going to fall
apart!  I will check this at the weekend, assuming it stops raining.

Cheers,

Dean

              Enron Capital & Trade Resources Corp.

              From:  Douglas Braun & Nadia