MOT Time...

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: MOT Time...
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 03 Jul 2000 09:02:13 -0500
As promised, I am reporting back with the reaction of the MOT people to my
 gasket-less exhaust.  Well, I gave the nuts an extra tighten before I bought
 the car round - they seemed to have loosened a little since I did away with
 the manifold-to-downpipe gasket.  Went along for the MOT, no concern over the
 exhaust at all (although I didn't exactly draw their attention to the missing
 gasekt...)

Less happily, the sills are too rusty - I only got the b*&^%y things patched up
 last year!  Maybe I should splash out a few extra pennies this time and
 actually replace the sill, rather than keep patching them up year after
 year...  Still, they say they will do the welding for 270 quid, ignore the VAT
 if I pay cash, and I supply the sills (20 quid each plus VAT for pattern parts
 from TRGB).  Could be worse...  no other major items, just a blown brake light
 bulb, engine running a little rich so emissions are a few points over, plus
 rear tyres balder than Jean-Luc Picard.

So, the message is, if you are fed up with replacing your manifold-to-downpipe
 gasket - just get rid of it!

Richard and Daffy