Re: Engine valances

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine valances
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:14:49 -0400
Rob, I guess it's up to what you can get and what tools you have. I don't have
a torch so that one's out, but I have heard of that type of technique before. I
saw that Paul does not have an air pump bump (as at sometime it was removed).
Do you and if so what did you do. Sounds like you may not have an air pump due
to the heavier material you used. I was considering using aluminium flashing
(as a sandwich with a thin hardboard) and making the bump out of the flashing
and riveting it on.

Alan