Re: Engine valances

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine valances
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 18:26:50 -0400
At 05:47 PM 7/5/00 -0400, alan wrote:

>Tom, many thanks. I am going for that home made look! It's not the cost,
it more the fun/challenge. If I mess up the hardboard (even with the old
ones as templates it can happen) at least it's a cheap material to replace.
>Useful source though.

With regards to the hardboard, I believe that it comes in 2 grades, one being
"water proof".  We used to call this "tempered masionite".  If that is the
case I would suggest using that as the glue on the regular stuff may not
hold up.

Another method for making the valances that a local Spit owner told me about,
was to use a heavy piece of flashing and cover both sides with tar paper.

John

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org