Re: O/D transmission install

To: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>,
Subject: Re: O/D transmission install
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:17:50 -0400
Sorry to spoil your beliefs...
but I can guarantee you there are different gear ratios
floating around out there that were used on the J type O/D
There are 1280 and 1000 rev to a mile variations that I know of
and have used. Before the swap, my speedo read 26mph
while my pace car said we were doing 45mph.
With the present 1000 speedo and J type O/D at 40mph I now read 40.
:-)

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com