Re: O/D transmission install

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: O/D transmission install
From: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:26:30 +0100

I've never done an O/D conversion (my car already had o/d) - but I really can't
see how it could affect the speedo.  The speedo is measuring the speed of the
prop-shaft (or, at least, an internal part of the gearbox or o/d which is bolted
directly onto the propshaft) - the relationship between propshaft speed and road
speed isn't altered by installing o/d...

Dean