Re: Seat Foams

To: SMatson802@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat Foams
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:16:29 -0400
On my high-backed seats, the only foam that seems to
crumble is the stuff that runs up either side of the back,
and which is supposed to give you support while going around
turns.  Everything else is in relatively good shape.
I think these pieces were made by molding together little
bits of recycled foam, instead of from virgin materials.

I guess if I ever saw a set of good foams I could copy them,
but the only way to see them is to buy them...
I guess one approach would be to take it to a shop and
say "what can you do for this?".

Once I re-foamed the front seat base of my 1976 AMC Hornet
(long departed), but that was easy because it was a bench seat!
I got the foam from a place on Canal St. in NYC...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit