Re: stop/brake light woes

To: "Fred Griffiths" <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Subject: Re: stop/brake light woes
From: "L&B Lubbers" <lubbers@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 17:39:20 -0400
Fred, you didn't say when your tail and brake light trouble started...

Let me tell you what happened to me and it may help with part of your
problem.  When reinstalling the rear lights last fall (after having taken
them out 5 years earlier) I connected the brake light wires to the
taillights and vice versa.  When I tested the brake lights, they appeared to
work and testing the taillights seemed to indicate they worked as well.  It
was not until driving at night (after getting a fitness test at a garage)
did I realize that with the taillights on, the brakelights did not appear to
make anything brighter.  After getting home and after testing a couple of
things I realized my mistake: using the lower candle power of the taillights
as brakelights.

It sounds like you have wiring diagrams, but they don't tell you which
terminal is which on the rear light units.

Let us know what you find.

Len Lubbers
Ottawa, Ontario
'79 Spitfire