Re: Horrors! I split my seat!

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>
Subject: Re: Horrors! I split my seat!
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:11:18 -0400
Joe Curry wrote:

> No, The seats are handed so they are not interchangeable!

While it is true that the seats are handed, they in fact can fit. I had a
pair of MkIV high back seats in my Mk3 and both were right-side seats. In
many old, unrestored cars it is not uncommon to find two passenger seats
because the driver's seat tends to wear out sooner (more use) and the cars
in the wrecker's yards had better passenger seats. If you switch the seats,
be careful that the seat back does not contact the soft-top frame. Part of
the "handed-ness" angles the outside edge of the seat back in toward the car
to clear the frame. If you switch the seats, the outside edge will now be
straight up and down.

Cheers
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250)
  \ R I U M P /