Re: Moss British Motoring Mag

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Moss British Motoring Mag
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:36:20 -0700
> Jeff,
> I have been studying that photo more closely and wonder if you noticed:
>
> 1. The photo was taken at a car show and the bonnet was up (witness the
front end of the door and part of the windshield wiper motor
> showing).

Yes, I noticed.

> 2. They obviously didn't want the bonnet up so they either air brushed in
the engine or did it digitally.  Too bad they didn't smooth
> all the other oddities out.

Yes, looked wierd.  What was all that spotting on the windshield?

> 3. The boot lid doesn't appear to have any logos on it, so that is no clue
to the model.

Correct.

> 4. The seats are the low back type so it could not be a late Mk3

Although it's difficult to tell, I didn't notice any white piping on the
seats either, which would also rule out a Mk3 -- even an early one -- but
since the owner swapped the doors, he may not be concerned about the
originality of the seats when he had the redone, either.  I must say -- I
like the idea of wind wings on the doors.

> 5. The top appears to tuck under the windshield capper, so that would
eliminate the Mk3 possibility altogether.

Right, which leads us back to my previous comment...

> > Yeah, but the car itself could still be a Mk1, no?

Mk2 or
> > Mk3

> > it

> > written