Moss British Motoring Mag

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moss British Motoring Mag
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 12:37:33 -0700
Well, I haven't received my Spitfire & GT6 magazine yet (hopefully it will
arrive sooner than the last time!), but I did receive the Autum 2000 Moss
Motors rag.

Now, before I continue, it's always ticked me off how Moss has written off
round-tail Spits, so naturally I was amused/enraged that they would use a
photo of a Mk1,2 or 3 Spitfire (can't tell cause the photo is cropped) on
the second page of their center insert catalog to advertise tops for MkIV
and 1500 models.  What kind of crap is THAT?

Now, my real question.  In looking at the car in the catalog, I was puzzled
to see a wind wing on the door.  Not the kind that you screw on to the
windshield frame -- the kind that's built-into the door!  To my knowledge,
early (or even later) Spitfires never had a wind wing (ala MGB) in their
doors, did they?

TIA

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!