Re: Moss British Motoring Mag

To: Spitfires List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Moss British Motoring Mag
From: "Eric A. Yates" <eyates@enteract.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:04:11 -0500

Jeff wrote:

> Now, my real question.  In looking at the car in the catalog, I was puzzled
> to see a wind wing on the door.  Not the kind that you screw on to the
> windshield frame -- the kind that's built-into the door!  To my knowledge,
> early (or even later) Spitfires never had a wind wing (ala MGB) in their
> doors, did they?

I know this sounds weird, because of course you know your Spitfires Jeff,
but are you sure that it is a Spit pictured there? If they would use an
early Spit to advertise an item for MkIv's and 1500's (which wouldn't
surprise me), maybe it's not even a Spitfire at all! Since you can only see
part of the car... Just a thought. I am 99.99% positive no Spitfires ever
had the door side windows. Haven't rec'd my Moss Motoring yet so I can't
comment on the particular image you're looking at. (Not really looking
forward to it anyway, since there rarely seems to be any Triumph stuff in
there... but heck, it's a free British car magazine that's good for some
easy reading so I can't really complain.)

Eric.
'78 Spitfire, Chicago IL USA