RE: Weber DGV Problems

To: Spitfires Maillist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Weber DGV Problems
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 09:29:43 -0700
Vic;

I had the exact same problem with the Weber I had on my car, which I have
since had to replace with a ZS for emissions purposes and better gas
mileage.  The air cleaner would knock against the hood and over time put a
really nasty looking bump in the hood.  I tightened down the screws on the
air cleaner until the filter element was visibly distorted.  This helped
some but was not a cure.  This was one of several reasons I don't recommend
a Weber carb for a Spitfire.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)