Re: Weber DGV Problems

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, vicwhit@home.com
Subject: Re: Weber DGV Problems
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:47:31 -0400
Check very carefully for interference with the exhaust manifold.  It took me a
little while to find where one of
the casting bumps on my 1980 exhaust manifold fouled the intake manifold for my
SU's.

Yes, there is an alternative low profile air filter assembly for the DGV so
that it can fit under tight areas like
a Spitfire.  I believe it's a K&N unit, though I don't recall specifically.

One can often times spot the downdraft weber equipped Spitfire by the outward
bulging dent in the bonnet.
Some have it worse then others.  I suspect that it has a great deal to do with
the motor mounts.  Between
how low they let the engine sit, and how much they let it rock.