RE: Welding Spit body panels

To: "'Mike Ginter'" <mginter@concentric.net>,
Subject: RE: Welding Spit body panels
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:12:13 -0500
Mike,
I am no welder, GAS,TIG, or gas.
I sell wire to Miller Electric, I got lucky and got a Miller Cricket Mig and
tried it. I replaced the floor pans, sills, and redid most of the trunk area
with it. I don't weld and it came out fine.
I can't lay a good bead but I can spot weld up a damn storm !!!
That little unit was the best tool I had in the garage. I didn't use the
Argon but I bought solder core rod from Home Depot that was on the markdown
table for $50.00 for 10 lbs.
I played with it on an old hood from a Honda and that little welder was the
hit of the neighborhood ! I fixed lawnmowers, big BBQ grills, lawn furniture
and a couple of bikes.
You can get the same unit from one of the discount tool guys for around
$350.00 US. The Miller was around $500.00 but for that you got the name and

I had a blast messing that little welder.. Just watch out what kind of socks
you wear !  Trust me on this....