Spit hit...now what?

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spit hit...now what?
From: hill <hill@mninter.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:37:08 -0500
Hey all:

Out for a drive this evening, my spit got t-boned.....Someone entered
the road from my left (through a stop sign) and managed to get up enough
speed to destroy my spit.  (hit hard enough that the fire extinguisher
went off).  Needless to say, I think my Spit (Algy was his name, God
bless 'im) is done.  The car hit just forward of the driver door (right
at the hood latch....must be some sort of target.)  So now, the drivers
door doesn't open, the hood won't open, and the passanger door is
buckled (and won't open).  (as well as the driver sill).  Actually, the
car bent around the point of impact (and saved me).

So, now what?  Get an estimate and repair it?  I suspect it will be
totaled.  Anyone know a knowledgable body shop in Minnesota, (USA)?
Whats a fella to do?  This is the only accident that I've ever been in.
How do I make them fix my car?  Can I make them fix it?  Whats a rust
free, new paint (3 yrs old) no dents, no dings, clean interior, no
leaks, drive anywhere spit worth?  Where am I gonna find another?

Worried Sick (I think I'm gonna cry),

Bob Hill
Maplewood, MN