Re: Header fit, banging against the Frame!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Header fit, banging against the Frame!
From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:09:35 EDT
Header Users:
    Mr. Mechanically-Illiterate here, so take is as it comes.  I bought a
used header which I think is a Pacesetter but might not be.  It's a 4>1.
Being mechanically illiterate, I had a muffler shop put it and the monza
exhaust pipe on the car for me... didn't cost that much.  They said they had
to heat & bend a portion to ensure it didn't rub on the frame.  Not sure if
they were talking about the pipe or the header.
    Before deep-sixing your header, you may want to run it past a Good-Ol'
Boy Muffler Shop and see what the hatchet guy can do for you.
    Just a thought.
        Scott (& Hobbs, 77 Spit, header w/ monza)