Re: Header fit, banging against the Frame!

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: Header fit, banging against the Frame!
From: RIBJEN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:20:50 EDT
I want to add my experience with a 4-1 header.

The good parts: There was a 4-1 header on the used engine I bought.  When I
installed the engine the header cleared the frame and never rattled against
the frame.  I have no idea what brand it is.

The bad parts: This winter when I went in for the state inspection they told
me I had to have the cat converter on the car.  So I had to remove the header
and reinstall the old manifold and cat converter.  What fun!

Bob Berger
78 Spitfire
St. Louis