Re: Re: Alternative steering wheels?

To: reed mideke <rfm@cruzers.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Alternative steering wheels?
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Fri, Nov 3 2000 23:41:37 GMT-0700
>The later (sqare tail) cars have a smaller plastic wheel that looks
>fairly nice. Haynes says the late models had a 13.5" wheel.
>On my car, I have a wood 'Personal' which is a very nice
>thick 13" wheel. It uses the same hub as a Momo. It came with the
>car so I'm not sure about availability or origins. Probably the
>nicest steering wheel I've ever used.

The one on my car is a 13". It's the original wheel. I wanted a nice, new,
shiny wheel-but I couldn't find anything I really liked as much as the design
of the original. So I had the nasty, chipped grey-ish paint polished off and
the leather re-shot and it looks like a new wheel! In fact, everyone keeps
asking me where I got the new wheel! (And those shiny polished aluminum spokes
look great with the new chrome bezels on the guages.)

Laura G.

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!