Re: Clock mounting

To: "Kevin Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Clock mounting
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:34:16 -0800
Kevin,

Richard is going to have a slightly tougher time than you did, simply
because there will already be a hole (from the light switch) where the
starter bit would normally be positioned, making it very difficult for
Richard to achieve the same results as if he were just starting with a piece
of solid wood to drill into.   I've tried drilling a hole out without the
pilot bit before and things can get ugly very quickly!

In Richard's case, he may well have to try and position some sort of a wood
block behind the dash and hold it in place with a clamp or something, so he
has something to drill the pilot bit into to get things started.  Otherwise,
your suggestion is excellent.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 frame-off resto project
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and..The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- moderated, focused, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!