Re: Clock mounting

To: Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com
Subject: Re: Clock mounting
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:02:41 -0500 (EST)
But if you cut the larger hole first with the hole saw, you can keep
the pilot hole and then cut the smaller hole.  Optionally, cut the
smaller hole NEARLY through, then cut larger (recess) hole, then
finish smaller hole.

Or use a fly cutter (looks like a drill with an arm clamped on and a
cutter clamped to that, like a lower-case ``H'') -- cut the larger
diameter first, then reduce cutting radius and finish by cutting
through the smaller hole.  This is definitely a drill-press job unless
you have a very steady hand, though.

Donald.