Re: Map light

To: "Gary Hutton" <hutton@evansville.net>,
Subject: Re: Map light
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:44:21 -0500
If the map light is in good shape....
you'll notice on the ball joint which has the mount threads on it...
the little indentations are detents for the light to stay in the
position you put it in.
The upper most detent position has a plastic tang that should
be sticking down. The detent plunger is the electrical
connection to the bulb. Folding it up, disconnects the V+ lead from
 the bulb as the plastic tang isolates the pin from the ball.
If you fold it all the way up and it stays on.... this plastic tang
is busted off (not all that uncommon of a failure mode)

Yes... it should be wired to the head lights.

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com