Re: Map light

To: Spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Map light
From: reed mideke <rfm@cruzers.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:30:03 -0800
Robert Gunther wrote:

> Computer hard drives have magnets ???

Yes. The head that does reading/writing is something like the tone
arm on a record player (remember those ?), except that it's movement
is controlled by a combination of electromagnets and permanent ones.
Seek times are measured in milliseconds so these puppies need to be
strong. Strong enough to give you a serious blood blister if you get
your skin pinched between two of them. The sound a hard drive makes
when active is these little things moving and stoping at mach speed

OK, that's pretty far OT... Let's see... If I make an MP3 player
for my spitfire it will have a hard drive in it ;-)
--
Reed Mideke                  rfm(at)cruzers.com