Re: Engine Rebuild

To: sos@kymtnnet.org, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuild
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:19:12 EST
In a message dated 11/29/2000 3:57:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sos@kymtnnet.org writes:

> I'd like some suggestions on a performance rebuild of
>  my 1976 1500. One suggestion was to use a 1300 engine.

Have the suggestors explained how giving up 200cc's (13% of the 1500
displacement) will send you on your way to higher horsepower?

If I remember correctly, the FP Spitfires that placed best at the SCCA
Runoffs used the 1500.

Steve Johnson won with a 1500 and duct tape covering over all his gauges back
when FP was a real tough Spitfire class.

Clark

"If it's not fun, why do it?" Ben & Jerry
Clark W. Nicholls
CWNicholls@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/CWNicholls
fax: 419-844-7564 (yes, 419)