Re: Engine Rebuild

To: Larry Elswick <sos@kymtnnet.org>,
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuild
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:55:50 -0500
Larry, I haven't seen much in terms of replies to you. Hopefully, there has been
some off-list.

I expect that you have a copy, or have seen the competition preperation manual.
You can find a copy of it at:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark-kaye/thumbs/Spit-comp-man.pdf

You seem to be following a good path with the HS-4 (once the jetting it set
right), header, etc. I would suggest the next step is to port and polish the
head.

I think the reference to the 1300 is just for the head. There were bigger intake
valves involved but you can have them retro fitted to your 1500 head at the same
time you get the valves/seats triple cut. A good machine shop should be able to
do it. I am unclear on whether the bigger intake valves were for the 1300 or the
early 1500 so you may need to check on that.

There are several other listers that have done a lot of race prep on their cars.
Maybe they can help with more suggestions.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario