Re: Hub Removal Tool

To: "Spitfire list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hub Removal Tool
From: "Tod Jones" <todjones@rica.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:37:11 -0400
DO NOT GET THIS TOOL!
I work part time at a restoration shop and we tried this tool. It striped
out on the first try. Wait untill he works the bugs out fist.  The tool is
suposed to support the flange so it doesnt bend and the instructions said to
tighten the lug nuts evenly. When used as the instuctions said only about
1/2 of the threads in the center hole were useable and it stripped out. When
the person who made this tool was contacted he said that we should take it
to a local machine shop for modifications. After a discusion about a $95+
tool needing modification to be useable he agreed to do the modifications
himself. He seems like he wants to put out a good product that will benifit
all of us, but you might want to wait untill he resolves this problem.

Tod Jones
Harrisonburg VA
66 Spit Mk II