Used Tonneau Cover

To: sos <sos@kymtnnet.org>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Used Tonneau Cover
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2001 08:41:55 -0500
Larry,

One other downside of getting a used cover - make sure it's the right one!
 First check for correct version - Mk I & II are bound to be the same, Mk III
 may or may not be different (I have no idea), but Mk IV and 1500 probably is
 different to early ones (but the same as each other).  Also make sure it
 does/does not have head-rests, depending on what your car has.  If you have
 headrests a non-headrest tonneau cannot be stretched over them (I've tried!),
 if you do not have headrests the pockets in a tonneau may turn in-side out and
 act as buckets!

The snaps to attach at the front are lift-the-dot fastenings - these attatch to
 little metal posts about an inch high with a slight bulge in the middle, that
 are either side of each windscreen vent.

Richard