Re: Used Tonneau Cover

To: spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Used Tonneau Cover
From: Dean Rayner <dean_rayner@mac.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2001 09:23:04 +0100
On Thursday, July 12, 2001 5:57 pm, St.John, Kenneth <ken.stjohn@hexcel.com>
wrote:
>I recently bought one off of E-bay.  It was a great buy and scrubbed up
>nicely.  On the downside, Several snaps were missing or broken and the
>grommets for the dash attachment don't line up.  Also, the entire thing
>seems to have shrunk!

One of the major problems with old vinal is that is shrinks.  Hoods suffer the
same.  Not sure how or why vinal shinks, I can't see how plastic can shink.
Perhaps it is an effect of UV light? Or may be it is the fabric backing that
shrinks and not the plastic itself??

Any sugestions??

Dean Rayner.
'69 GT6
'62 Herald
'69 Spit (Sold it now, so what do I care about vinal!!!!)