Re: MPH vs. RPM

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MPH vs. RPM
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 19:34:58 +0000
In article <TESEFCgJP5G8EwKj@hargreave-mawson.demon.co.uk>, Michael
Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com> writes
>In article <3.0.1.32.20011215081618.013a32f0@mailhub.exis.net>, John T.
>Blair <jblair@exis.net> writes

>>Measure the height of the tire - the diameter from the ground to the top.
>>The circumferance is: C= pi * D,  where pi = 3.14....
>
>I'm using the standard 155R13s, so I hope that my answer would be the
>same as that for anyone with standard tyres.

Bad form to follow up my own posting, I know, but I have just come
across a programme on-line which is supposed to calculate this stuff.
According to this programme (which can be found at
http://pw1.netcom.com/~sgalaba/mph.htm#GearSpeed), we should be getting
55.97 mph at 3000 rpm in top (with 155/80R13 tyres).   I don't believe
it!

Somebody, somewhere, must have the official Triumph figures, surely?
Please?   Pretty please?

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"