RE: Brake/Clutch fluid

To: "'Spitfires'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake/Clutch fluid
From: "Catchpole, Pat" <Pat.Catchpole@ntc-europe.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:45:58 +0100
I'll defer to a better informed lister if someone replies, but DOT 3 would
be safest.  DOT 4 may rot seals.  DOT 5 is expensive if you have a leak and
not as useful in clutch applications as brakes.  Question, where is the
fluid going?  Can you see a leak or could it be coating the inside of the
clutch housing.  A new master cylinder repair kit is about #3.50, slave cyl
kit only #2 - both worth doing if suspect.

Halfords is owned by Boots (the chemist group)  You can buy shares in them!

Pat - counting down the days before jetting off for a week in Cannes
starting next Saturday!

Nissan Technical Centre Europe Limited.
Registered in England Number 2228415 Registered Office Cranfield Technology
Park, Moulsoe Road, Cranfield, Bedfordshire MK43 0DB
Telephone : +44 (1234) 75 5555

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for
the addressee only.  If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward,
disclose or otherwise use it, or any part of it, in any form whatsoever.  If
you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and ensure that
all copies of this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are deleted.

Any views or opinions represented in this e-mail are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Nissan or its affiliate companies.

Although this e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for the presence of
computer viruses, Nissan will not be liable for any losses as a result of any
viruses being passed on.