RE: SPEEDVISION...two thumbs down

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: SPEEDVISION...two thumbs down
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:11:22 -0000
I got to drive a NASCAR myself, a year or so ago - won a prize in Top Gear
magazine to drive a few laps of Rockingham (and have lunch with Tiff
Needell).

Well, I can't say it wasn't a thrill, because it was, it's by far the most
powerful vehicle I've ever driven, and the fastest I've ever been, let alone
driven (apart from flying).  Nevertheless, 140mph (I had to follow an
instructor in another car to limit my speed :(  ) around an oval track, not
even feeling much in the way of G-forces on the open, banked corners, was
not nearly the rush of taking my Spitfire round the tight, twisty, hilly
circuit of Cadwell Park where I doubt I topped 70mph!

Still, that huge V8 engine certainly sounded good!!

Richard & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the
sender
urgently and dispose of this email