Calling all electricians...

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Calling all electricians...
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:51:30 -0800
Okay, this is getting me steamed.  Any advice appreciated.

I determined that the new horn relay I purchased was bad, because I couldn't
get it to work.  A second, new replacement arrived today.  Same problem.
Can't get it to click.  Here's the rundown:

Horn push is good, causing a ground when pressed.  Checked this at the
terminal which connects to the relay with a volt/ohm meter.

Horns are properly grounded and good.  They're actually NOS.  When 12v is
applied to the horn wire that connects to the relay, I get a good, sharp blast
from both horns.

12v source to relay is good.  Verified with the volt meter.  And again, If I
connect the 12v source to the normall closed pole on the relay, the horns
blast for as long as I connect it.

The only possible answer that I could think of was that the relay needed to be
grounded.  So fine, I tried that too.  Still no good.  I can not get the relay
to click by applying ground to the terminal that the horn push is supposed to
go to.

Could it be possible that I just spent $25 on another defective relay??