Re: Calling all electricians...

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Calling all electricians...
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:21:59 -0500
Jeff, it he relay the typical R6A relay? (3 terminal)
...just went out and looked at my GT6 which uses a relay
for the horns..... sitting here as well with a '75 Spit schematic
in hand...
+12V feeds the relay coil (purple wire) and is also the horn
feed, via C2 which is the center terminal of the three.

The horn connection is on C1 (purple wire/yellow stripe)
the horn switch (column switch) is the ground connection
to activate the relay coil, (purple wire with black stripe)

If you apply +12V and ground across the C2 and W1 terminals
you should hear the relay click.   Do this test with the horns disconnected
from the relay.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com