Re: Calling all electricians...

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Calling all electricians...
From: "Steven W. Reilly" <luckyone@sentex.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 01:04:49 -0500
Jeff,

Sounds like you may have the connections wrong on the relay.  If the relays
are exactly like the originals, then there should be 3 labeled connectors
on the relay: W1, C1, and C2.

W1 connects to the Horn push button (ground)
C1 connects to the horn
C2 connects to constant 12V

The Relay DOES NOT need to be grounded itself.  Usually you can test the
relay with a nice, strong, fresh 9V battery and a short piece of
wire.  Connect one end of the battery to W1 and the other to C2, it should
either click if the battery is strong or just spark if the 9V battery is weak.

Hope that helps,
Steve Reilly
'70 GT6's