Re: Parts Stores== Slightly off topic===

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Stores== Slightly off topic===
From: "Mike Chambers" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 22:07:40 -0600
I put myself through college working at a parts store, so I feel I have to
pipe in here.  Its only logical they would want the make of car. There are
many "universal" fuel pumps.  High pressure carbureted, low pressure
carbureted, fuel injected, performance, cheap ones, etc...   He may have
been just trying to narrow it down.  Its easiest to just answer with the
make and model of the car when the counter guy asks you what type of car.
People used to come in and ask for spark plugs for a small block Chevy.
"What year and model?" I would ask.  "Doesn't matter" was inevitably the
answer.  Well there are at least 15 plugs for a small block Chevy.  I would
usually give them the ones for a 1957 with a 283CID.  They would always come
back 30 minutes later ready to give me the year and model.
Although the guy was an idiot for not finding one when you finally told him
what kind of car it was.
MikeC