the incredible imploding glass

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: the incredible imploding glass
From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:19:16 +0100
I came home today to find that my windscreen has somehow turned in to a
million pieces...

Sort of like someone has come up and tried to smash it - but there are
no impact points and none of the glass has fallen through...

My theory is that it was a baking hot day and it's just got so hot it's
shattered.... what do you all reckon?

Anyway, I called Autoglass (the most helpful company ever - genuinely
impressive service) - they've quoted me 170 pounds for the glass and
fitting...

That was for tinted - which I think will be the right choice to go
for... I think....?

Anyway, the car is currently sitting outside with parcel tape all over
the windscreen - in case some yob comes along and tries to push
it...hopefully that will keep it together....

James

69 Signal Red Spit