Re: 1147cc tune-up carb problems

To: "Tim Benner" <tbenner@woh.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: 1147cc tune-up carb problems
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 19:49:57 -0700
Tim,

You may want to try changing the damper piston oil.  The problem you describe
could mean no oil in dashpots or too lightweight of an oil.  Conversely it
could also mean to thick of an oil and the pistons can not rise fast enough
when the butterflies open.  Also check for synchronisation again.

Does it have any problems revving from Idle?

Aaron Johnson
#38 F-Prod Spitfire MkIV Oregon Region SCCA
http://www.geocities.com/spitracer9

lot of parts from the parts car still left!