[Spit] Factory Hardtop

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spit] Factory Hardtop
From: "Stuart Greenwood" <sagreenwood@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 22:55:57 -0700
My thanks to all the people who replied about fitting a head liner.
Unfortunately the hardtop did not come with the bows but all the information I
received will be very useful.

One thing I have noticed with the hardtop fitted to the car and the  door
windows wound down is that I can exhaust fumes in the car.  My exhaust is a
sports exhaust system  ( dual exhaust )purchased from Paddocks. It is exactly
like the one shown on the silver spit in the latest edition of Triumph World.
I'm thinking the the exhaust is not quite long enough ( on the sliver spit you
can see that it doesn't extend past the rear bumper) and the aerodynamics with
the hardtop on must suck exhaust gases around the car an in through the window.
 I haven't got the soft top fitted so I don't know whether this also has the
same problem.  I don't think the exhaust system has a leak  under the car
somewhere but it may have.
This exhaust system looks great and sounds great. But it is really a shade too
noisy with the top down  and prevents you from hearing engine noises. This, for
me, is a major disadvantage.

sagreenwood@earthlink.net
San Diego
71 Spitfire Mk IV, 71 Stag Mk I, 80 TR8 Federal

===     http://www.vtr.org