Re: [Spits] Spitfire Leg Room

To: "'Matthew Milkevitch'" <mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Spitfire Leg Room
From: "Bill Gingerich" <bill@gingerich.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:25:54 -0500
Joe & company,

Surgery is a bit extreme, but it beats the method I was forced to try.  I
was 6-6 prior to the meeting of my motorcycle and the station wagon going
the wrong way on the freeway.  Almost 3 years in casts, plus several
reconstructive surgeries left me a bit over 6-4 now.

Seriously, I've looked at ways to increase the leg room in my '74 Spitfire.
Trimming out some of the foam in the seat backs may be an option.  I'm
trying to find alternate seats that might be better, but most either don't
help, don't fit, or make things worse.  Miata seats are fairly popular, but
seem to fall in the last category.

Joe G. in NE used Cobra kit car seats.  I tried sitting in his car once.  I
think they helped, but I didn't really like them.

My other issue is headroom.  Driving with the top up (Sacrilege!) is a bit
uncomfortable.  My head hits the top frame, and I don't need any more help
removing what hair I have left.

I realize this doesn't really help answer the question.  In reality, I've
just gotten used to folding up when I drive the car.  And I leave the top
down.

Bill G.
Newalla, OK
'74 Spitfire "Lazarus"