Re: [Spits] Spitfire Leg Room

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Spitfire Leg Room
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:21:43 -0400
How did you move the seat back? I have much the same problem - I
would LOVE a couple more inches of legroom. My seat is as far back as
the tub will allow, I think. Any tricks appreciated! I have been
meaning to try raising the front edge of the seat. I think some kind
of long thin wedge will be in order though, as the seat rails don't
look very strong - I think they would just bend if unsupported. Of
course, I weigh rather a lot.... Big guy, little car, people seem to
find it amusing.

I also don't really fit with the top up, so I try my best not to
drive Freddy that way! And getting in and out is MUCH harder now at
39 than it was when I bought him at 27! Especially with the top up.

Kevin Rhodes
Freddy the Spitfire
Westbrook, Maine