Re: [Spits] Spitfire Leg Room

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Spitfire Leg Room
From: Greg Rowe <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:18:58 -0400
Miata seats actually give you more leg room, although only if you mod the pan
so they go all the way back.  But they definietly cut into head room so it's a
trade
off (I think they give you more leg room because they are raised in the
front,
which bends your leg, but still gives you support).

The other thing that I did was install cruise control which means that I can
put
my foot anywhere it's comfortable at least for short recovery periods.  Maybe
a little weird in a sports car, but for $100 for the audiovox unit, I think it
was
a good investment.

Matt, I seem to recall that you may live near to me (I'm in Hatfield PA).  If
so, you
are welcome to drive my car with Miata seats and see what you think.  Contact
me off-list...

Best!

Greg Rowe> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:05:02 -0700> From: mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>
To: spitfires@autox.team.net> Subject: [Spits] Spitfire Leg Room> > Fellow
Listers;> > This may seem like an odd question about our Spits, but here
goes....> > I'm 6 ft 2 in tall and I really would like to get some more leg
room in my '77 Spit. I've gone ahead and moved the driver's seat back a couple
of inches from the stock position. However, I've found this is also
inadequate. > > Have any other tall listers found a solution to this problem
(without selling the car and purchasing a larger LBC, that is)??> > >
Thanks....> > Matt M.> '77 Spitfire >
Watch Cause Effect, a show about real people making a real difference.
Learn more.