Re: [Spits] Spitfire Leg Room

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Spitfire Leg Room
From: "Nolan" <foxtrapper@aceweb.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 06:01:12 -0400
Some short legged drivers find it uncomfortable on the highway as well.
Most of it from my observation of my own discomfort seems to do with the leg
being twisted outwards.

The stock knee bolster just isn't enough.  If I simply put my fist down
between the bolster and my leg it helps a great deal.  So a rolled up towel
or such stuffed there would work.  As well an improved bolster.

I've also used my left foot to hold my right foot more upright.  Sounds much
more awkward than it is.  On a long drive, my right foot tends to twist as
my heel slips under the brake pedal.  If I let my left foot hold the heel of
my other foot in place, I stay more comfortable.  A little bracket bolted to
the floorboard to hold my heel would probably work just fine.