RE: Disc conversion

To: "'Larry and Sandi Miller'" <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: RE: Disc conversion
From: Andrew Griffith <Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 13:02:55 -0800
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Thanks for the reply Larry,
Well I've done the conversion to disc brakes already, but I'm concerned
about spinning the car around when I have to hit the brakes, "Hard"!  Do you
know if these earlier cars are prone to locking up the fronts after being
converted to discs?
I know that disc brakes require less pressure and fluid to get the same job
done and when AH went to a standard disc brake in the front they also
reduced the size of the MC bore from 7/8 to ¾, was this the reason?
I'm hopping that I'll get responses from racers, who have been there and
done that.
My car is still not running, I'm sending the MC to Joe up at Sierra
Specialty Automotive to get sleeved. As it turns out it looks my brake
problem was my MC all along, I think. I'll be glad when I get past this
braking problem cause I'm getting very impatient and want to put in my 120
HP engine, and I'm not doing it till I can stop as fast as I can take off.

-Drew