Re: fuel tank cleaner

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: fuel tank cleaner
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 18:34:17 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, samesq@pacbell.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> There are products that you should use to neutralize the flammable fumes
> before heating a fuel tank.  (Or wear a Kevlar suit.)
>
> Just don't want to lose a lister!

This is why you fill it FULL with water! Do not attempt this with old
gas or only a 1/2 full tank.
I also watched a friend try to weld a VW Beetle gas tank, it was headed
for the moon as soon as he struck an ark! He only rinsed it out.
I asked a radiator shop what was involved in boiling a tank, they said
"We fill em with soapy water and put em on the fire"
I did it and it worked perfectly, a friend also did his Morris Minor
tank the same way. It doesn't smell as good as a steak on the barby but
it does work.

Remember, we tight! (and gas tanks for 59 A40 Farinas are made of
unobtainium)
Frank