Re: Fuel Tank Cleaner

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank Cleaner
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:36:29 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
My 02. also, during the restoration of my Bugeye, my gas tank had not
had gas in it for over 20 years.  It had rust as well as pinhole leaks.
To top it off there was a dent in the rear vertical panel(you could see
it from the rear of the car when mounted). I took it to a
place in Stanton California called "Gas Tank RENU USA".  They boiled out
the tank then
coated the inside with a patanted coating and the outside was coated
with another type of coating.  They even removed the dent!  It is
warranteed for as long as you own the vehicle never to rust or corrode
in any way.  The cost was $149.00 so this may be an alternative if a new
tank is required or the rust is real bad.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite