Re: Im pulling apart my baby bumble-bee

To: Bruce Woodward <brucewoodward@kconline.com>
Subject: Re: Im pulling apart my baby bumble-bee
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 20:44:48 -0500
Cc: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>, Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bruce Woodward wrote:
   He drain the tranny and sump, unbolted the tranny mount bolts,
> grounding strap, then came up and undid the motor mounts and shifter shaft
> while I took care of wiring, fuel line and radiator.

So you gave you son all the HARD jobs, and you did the easy stuff?
Wiring, about a minute, fuel line about 30 seconds, Radiator, well cross
flow could take 20 minutes, down flow, 3 minutes.
And he still enjoyed crawling under the car.
Get him his own. It's safer then any modern plastic jelley bean.
(I Just saw a 5 car pile up, nothing but plastic all over the road.)
Although I lost my son to VWs, he was into LBCs. He had a Mini. A lot of
his buddies still drive LBCs as their only cars. They are 19 and 20 now
and loving these cars. My son still takes the wife's Sprite out when he
can drop the top. My daughter (still on a learners permit) ask me if she
could take the Bugeye out just the other day. So off we went, she did
real good for her first time in a "rather snappy" Sprite, she only
peeled out a few times. Her car is the Austin A40 which see loves but it
will never be a rocket.

If we do not let the kids try these cars, our hobby will go by way of
the model T. Nobody wants them anymore and their restorer/owner/drivers
are all getting too old to drive them.
Think about it, do you want a model T?
--
Frank Clarici